Thank you for your interest in El Gouna International School (EGIS). We aim to make the process of finding out about the school and applying for a place as easy as possible.
VISIT THE SCHOOL
We encourage all prospective parents to make an appointment to meet the Admissions Officer and take the time to visit our school and learn more about our curriculum. Email link to book a school visit.
STEPS TO APPLY TO EGIS
STEP 1. Submit an application with all required documents. You may also submit the online application form using the link, kindly be ready to upload the following documents (originals may be required upon acceptance):
- A recent passport-sized photograph of your child.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate.
- A copy of your child’s passport (if non-Egyptian, personal details page only).
- A copy of both parents’ National ID or passports (personal details page only).
- A copy of the applicant’s end-of-year school report cards from the last 2 academic years.
- Other documents may be required to be submitted later on, including original copies.
STEP 2. Appointment for Admission Assessment after payment of non-refundable fee which does not guarantee an offer of a place. This must be paid before, or on the day of the assessment. An assessment is required before entry to the school, this will be scheduled after receiving a complete application, if there is a place available for your child. All our assessments are age-appropriate and are designed to help explore your child’s strengths and personal qualities, readiness and ability to access our curriculum.
Assessments for Early Years/KG stage till Year 6/Primary 6 are undertaken by a member of our Primary Years team. Children applying for Year 7/1st Preparatory and up will sit placement tests in core subjects. Parents are welcome to wait at the reception while their child is being assessed although it is preferable to come back after an agreed upon duration.
STEP 3. After the assessment, a meeting with the School Principal and/or Deputy Principal will be set where both parents must be present with the child.
STEP 4. A place may be offered subject to successful completion of academic admission assessments in English, Maths and Arabic (plus Science if applicable), and interview. Once an offer of place is given to the applicant, parents have 2-5 business days to confirm the acceptance or rejection.
STEP 5. Parents have 2 weeks upon confirmation of the child’s place to submit required original documents and to secure their child’s place in school by paying a deposit or the full fee. In case of delay of deposit payment, the place would be offered to the waitlisted applicant. In case the term has already started, the full fees must be paid prior to the student’s first day of attendance.
Original Documents required for 1st time applicants (Copies will be taken if specifically mentioned)
For Egyptian students:
- 6 recent (4×6 cm) photos
- Computerised Birth Certificate
- Vaccination History Record
- Copy of both Parents’ valid National ID
For Foreign students:
- 8 recent (4×6 cm) photos
- Birth certificate must be translated into Arabic and authenticated with a stamp by the embassy
- Letter of “No Objection” from the embassy
- Vaccination Record or Health/Medical report
- Copy of the last school Report stamped from the embassy and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (the last 2 school years, if applicable).
- Copy of passport, visa page and entry-stamp page of the child
- Copies of passport and valid visa page of both parents
- Transfer paper from the other school in Egypt
- Electronic transfer sheet